Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The Magic in Everyday Things


I feel like anything is possible when I look closely at things. I have no plans for this summer and yet I know some magical things will just happen. I took this photo yesterday while relaxing and thinking about how much I like dandelions and other weeds.


"Take me on a trip upon your magic swirlin' ship,
My senses have been stripped, my hands can't feel to grip,
My toes too numb to step, wait only for my boot heels
To be wanderin'.
I'm ready to go anywhere, I'm ready for to fade
Into my own parade, cast your dancing spell my way,
I promise to go under it."
--Bob Dylan


Not only do I find a light spray of Shalimar refreshing in this summer weather, but mosquitos absolutely hate perfume. I haven't been bitten in decades. i haven't bought any perfume since early February, but I got 5 bottles of Shalimar for my birthday in April. I dropped one into a glass of water to see how it would look.