Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Princess Haiku Tribute

The Shadow Ghost of Blue Cat wanted me to post a tribute to a beautiful thinking blog. Here he bows to the Princess, he says, 'as the grass bows down before the wind.'

Princess Haiku's blog is filled with visionaries and poets. There are tea ceremonies, labyrinths, roses wet with dew, shadow ghosts, music, the scents of a garden, and splendor. It is an actual place you can visit, filled with people singing and performing lovely music. There are also book and movie reviews.

One post was about San Francisco's ban on plastic bags for groceries and shopping. Princess suggested learning to wrap purchases in beautiful cloth and gave some Japanese examples. While other's complained about the ban, she embraced it. I often shopped with canvas bags, but not always, and her post made me realize I needed to get serious. I am trying out colorful string bags as well as strong cloth bags for 'major' grocery shopping trips. Sometimes we forget that every small step we take towards green living makes sense. I took this picture for her some time ago, with some two-headed paper whites and white dicentra I found in my garden.

Although she seems ethereal, Princess is a strong down to earth person.


"My dreams are made of iron and steel
With a big bouquet
Of roses hanging down
From the heavens to the ground."
--Bob Dylan