Sunday, August 5, 2007

Tangled Up In Morning

"Full many a glorious morning have I seen flatter the mountaintops with sovereign eye,
Kissing with golden face the meadows green, Gilding pale streams with heavenly alchemy."
~ William ShakespeareThere was one very foggy morning in The Catskills last week, but most mornings gave me glorious views.


One morning a new friend stopped by. She got into the habit of hovering right by my face as if to say "I want to know you better." I looked up Ruby Throated Hummingbirds in a book and discovered that single mom hummingbirds raise the babies. They need nectar for energy, but they eat spiders and bugs too.

Every morning was a new adventure. Without internet access, TV, or any desire to hang out in bars all day, I found myself hiking, doing some fun projects, taking sneaky pictures of Hasidic Holy Dudes, riding horses, picking and eating fresh berries--no additives can improve the taste of a fully ripe blackberry au naturel! And they were everywhere this year thanks to a couple of very, very wet years following a long drought in the mountains.

"I long to see you in the morning light."
~ Bob Dylan