Sunday, December 16, 2007

Maurice Roucel




"My greatest pleasure is when something appeals to and satisfies all of my senses. I am a multisensory person. I love music, love to eat and drink well, love beautiful fabrics and textures, and of course I love scents more than anything else. I think if I had to do without any of my senses, I could probably give up the ability to see most easily – although, wait, what am I saying? I love seeing beautiful landscapes, beautiful people and especially beautiful women!"
---Perfumer Maurice Roucel




Maurice is known for his famous creamy magnolia note. His masterpieces include:
24 Faubourg by Hermes (A Classic that was Princess Diana's favorite for the last few years of her life)
L'Instant by Guerlain (Romantic)
Insolence by Guerlain (Radiant)
Envy by Gucci: (Exhilarating)

"Smell that sweet magnolia blooming..."
---Bob Dylan


What pleasures awaken each of your senses?