Thursday, January 24, 2008

Bob Dylan's Dream

Bob wrote a song called 'The Tuxedo Cat Uprising' for his favorite cats. Tuxedos everywhere were going to protest against those cruel pet owners who treat their dogs like royalty while forcing their cats to live outdoors or in unheated shacks or depressing garages. The uprising never happened, though, because the Tuxedo leadership got into the catnip and missed it. Still, they still hung out with Bob and were the only ones to hear the great song. "Dennis liked both the lyrics and the melody." said Dennis. Bob said his dream was that people wake up and realize how valuable cats really are.


Keep off the catnip, just sniff some grass.


The Tuxedo Trio then sang a doo-wop version of 'Dear Landlord'

"Dear landlord,
Please don't put a price on my soul.
My burden is heavy,
My dreams are beyond control...

...Dear landlord,
Please don't dismiss my case.
I'm not about to argue,
I'm not about to move to no other place.
Now, each of us has his own special gift
And you know this was meant to be true,
And if you don't underestimate me,
I won't underestimate you."
--Written by Bob Dylan
(for cats who suffer with bad landlords)