Friday, June 13, 2008

Chant D'Aromes


Chant D'Aromes (1962) perfumer: Jean Paul Guerlain
head notes: mandarin, bergamot, honeysuckle
heart notes : gardenia, jasmine, ylang-ylang
soul notes : woods, earthy forest note, vanilla

An extremely light elegant floral with a nice base. The name says it all, a scent that sings. It starts off soft and powdery, and the first time I tried it I spritzed on too much and couldn't appreciate it. But I've been wearing it during this heat wave and find it to be a quiet honeysuckle gardenia blend with a note that reminds me of a high end cocoa butter (probably the earthy forest note blending with the famous Guerlain vanilla.) I think this one would be either too old fashioned or too demure for most people~ a good summer scent though. I have to give it two paws up.