Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Summer Trips

I amused myself while standing in line by doodling a smiley face on the back of my hand with a sample Nanette pen at Sephora last month. Roses + Peach = a winning combination. I returned yesterday to purchase one. Roller balls are hardly new, I've seen some ancient ones from the 1960s, but who knows when they were invented? Anyway, thanks to Airline travel restrictions, roller balls are making a big comeback.

Nanette Lepore (Fashion designer b. 1972, Youngstown Ohio.) I like this rosy scent because it's a fresh floral with peach, lime, and light cherry blossom & vanilla notes in a light sandalwood - amber base. There's nothing 'sporty' about it, it's simply feminine and very light.

You can buy tiny roller ball bottles online and fill them with your favorite scents. Perfect for a summer of traveling.


Lavanila sells an elegant roller ball bottle of their scents. I think I got this one (at left) for about $14.

Lavanila Vanilla Grapefruit (this isn't a bitter grapefruit, but a sweet zesty one.) The creamy vanilla is the real star here though, with just a dash of lime and bergamot-- another fresh sweet feminine summer scent.